Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stonehenge, UK - Day 03 - Tuesday

Well... I finally made it to Stonehenge. It was excellent. Took a little over an hour to get there, but it was a great end to an otherwise uneventful day at work in Reading. Work was good -- very good, actually -- but visiting Stonehenge was excellent.

Stonehenge is placed pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. In fact, there are no signs at all for it on the highways I traveled on... until you get at the turn to see Stonehenge. I wonder how people find the place. :) As you can see, surrounding Stonehenge are fields of green, yellow and sheep.



It was a most excellent experience, and I'll hopefully remember it forever. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to experience it with someone else.









I didn't take my broadcast equipment with me on the trip, but I did manage to wrangle my cheap Sony handycam. I know how much mom and dad enjoyed shooting 'driving' footage, so I took a shot at it myself. Since I wasn't driving through the most beautiful of countryside, I decided to enhance the video to speed things up. Unfortunately, I don't have time tonight (this morning here) to post it, so maybe that will be my next blog post. Until then, feel free to check out the interactive map -- just remember to use Hybrid mode on the map to see the satellite images from up above. Stonehenge, UK - Day 03 - Tuesday

1 comment:

mom trumbo said...

That was really so good picture taken! i loved them, and the map makes it really awsome. Hey. next time you have to travel alone, take me.. I at least could be pleasantly anoining.. ha. I would have loved to have gone there.Or take cherry, she loves to travel and is quite knowledgeable about all sorts of things.
actually I think stonehedge was an old pagan sacrifice area. ha.